- Chemical formula: C18H18N2O
- Molecular weight:278.355 g/mol
- Type: Small molecule
- Group: Experimental/Investigational
What is AC-262 SARM?
AC-262, commonly known as Accadrine, is a specific SARM with unique pharmacological properties. As a SARM, AC-262 is designed to selectively bind androgen receptors in specific tissues, such as muscles and bones, while minimizing interactions with other tissues. Its potential to stimulate muscle protein synthesis makes it a subject of interest for individuals seeking muscle growth and enhanced strength.
AC-262 SARM also presents potential bone density and joint health benefits, which could be significant for conditions such as osteoporosis. Furthermore, its ability to counteract muscle waste has implications for medical conditions where muscle loss is a concern.
History and Development of AC-262 SARM
The development of AC-262 SARM can be traced back to scientific research efforts to identify compounds with selective androgen receptor binding properties. Researchers conducted pharmacological screenings to evaluate the interactions of various compounds with androgen receptors, ultimately leading to the discovery of AC-262 as a promising candidate.
As with many other SARMs, the initial interest in AC-262 SARM arose from its potential therapeutic applications. The compound’s ability to promote muscle growth and counter muscle wasting attracted attention in the fitness and medical communities, leading to further investigations into its mechanism of action and potential benefits.
Mechanism of action
The mechanism of action of AC-262 involves its selective binding to androgen receptors in specific tissues, primarily muscle and bone cells. As a Selective Androgen Receptor Modulator (SARM) class member, AC-262 is designed to exert tissue-specific anabolic effects while minimizing androgenic activity in other organs.
AC-262 mainly works by:
- Selective Androgen Receptor Binding: AC-262 has a high affinity for androgen receptors in muscle and bone tissues. When administered, the compound selectively binds to these receptors, initiating a cascade of cellular events.
- Anabolic Signaling: AC-262 activates anabolic signaling pathways upon binding to androgen receptors. This activation increases muscle protein synthesis within muscle cells, enhancing muscle growth and repair.
- Muscle Protein Synthesis: AC-262’s ability to stimulate muscle protein synthesis is the key mechanism for its anabolic effects. Increased protein synthesis allows for more efficient muscle tissue development, leading to muscle mass and strength gains.
Overall, the mechanism of action of AC-262 revolves around its specific interaction with androgen receptors in muscle and bone tissues. Selectively targeting these receptors promotes muscle growth and bone health while minimizing the undesirable side effects of traditional anabolic steroids.
Clinical Applications of AC-262 SARM
- Muscle Wasting Conditions: AC-262 SARM has shown potential in promoting muscle growth and preventing muscle wasting in certain medical conditions such as cancer cachexia and age-related sarcopenia. Clinical trials have demonstrated its ability to increase lean muscle mass and improve muscle strength, which may have therapeutic implications for patients with muscle-wasting disorders.
- Bone Health: Some studies suggest that AC-262 SARM may positively impact bone density and bone health. It may help increase bone mineral density and potentially reduce the risk of osteoporosis and related fractures, especially in older individuals.
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT): AC-262 SARM has been explored as a potential alternative to traditional hormone replacement therapy in individuals with low testosterone levels. It may provide similar benefits in muscle and bone preservation without the adverse effects of testosterone replacement.
- Cachexia Management: Cachexia is a complex wasting syndrome often observed in chronic illnesses like cancer, HIV/AIDS, and heart failure. AC-262 SARM might help mitigate muscle loss associated with cachexia, potentially improving affected individuals’ quality of life and overall functional status.
- Improved Physical Function: AC-262 SARM has demonstrated the potential to enhance physical performance, including strength, endurance, and overall athletic performance. This could benefit individuals looking to enhance their athletic abilities or recover from injuries.
- Androgen Replacement Therapy in Women: AC-262 SARM has been investigated as a possible androgen replacement therapy in women with androgen deficiency. It may offer a more selective approach to addressing female hormonal imbalances without causing virilization effects commonly associated with traditional androgen therapy.
- Neuroprotective Effects: Emerging research suggests that AC-262 SARM may have neuroprotective properties. Studies have indicated that it could potentially protect brain cells from damage and degeneration, offering a new avenue for exploring its application in neurodegenerative diseases and brain injuries.
- Metabolic Disorders: AC-262 SARM has been investigated for its potential to improve metabolic health. Some studies have indicated that it may positively impact lipid metabolism, glucose regulation, and insulin sensitivity, which could benefit individuals with metabolic disorders such as obesity and type 2 diabetes.
Safety and Responsible Use Considerations
As with any performance-enhancing compound, the safe and responsible use of AC-262 SARM is paramount.
Individuals considering its use should be aware of the following considerations:
- Dosage Guidelines: Start with low dosages and follow recommended guidelines to avoid potential adverse effects and assess individual tolerance.
- Cycle Length and PCT: Adhere to appropriate cycle lengths and consider post-cycle therapy (PCT) to help restore hormonal balance after use.
- Consult a Healthcare Professional: Seek guidance from qualified healthcare professionals before using AC-262 SARM, especially if you have pre-existing medical conditions or are taking medications.
- Legal Status: Understand the legal status of AC-262 SARM in your country and comply with relevant regulations and restrictions.
- Research and Education: Stay informed about the latest research on AC-262 SARM and its potential applications to make well-informed decisions.
In conclusion, AC-262 SARM represents a groundbreaking development in unlocking human potential. Its benefits in the realms of fitness and medicine have the potential to impact the lives of many individuals positively. As research progresses and knowledge expands, we can anticipate exciting advancements in this field, ultimately leading to a safer, healthier, and more empowered future for individuals seeking to optimize their physical capabilities.
Looking ahead, the future of AC-262 SARM appears bright. As research progresses, we can expect to gain deeper insights into its mechanisms of action and uncover even more applications for this compound. AC-262 SARM may revolutionize how athletes approach performance enhancement in the fitness industry, offering a safer and more targeted alternative to traditional performance-enhancing substances.
- Piu, F., Gardell, L. R., Son, T., Schlienger, N., Lund, B. W., Schiffer, H. H., … & Bradley, S. R. (2008). Pharmacological characterization of AC-262536, a novel selective androgen receptor modulator. The Journal of steroid biochemistry and molecular biology, 109(1-2), 129-137.
- Ventura, E., Gadaj, A., Buckley, T., & Mooney, M. H. (2020). Development of a multi‐residue high‐throughput UHPLC–MS/MS method for routine monitoring of SARM compounds in equine and bovine blood. Drug Testing and Analysis, 12(9), 1373-1379.
- Cutler, C., Viljanto, M., Taylor, P., Habershon‐Butcher, J., Muir, T., Biddle, S., & Van Eenoo, P. (2021). Equine metabolism of the selective androgen receptor modulator AC‐262536 in vitro and in urine, plasma and hair following oral administration. Drug Testing and Analysis, 13(2), 369-385.
- AC-262536 |Chemspider| Link:http://www.chemspider.com/Chemical-Structure.31129035.html?rid=a856d69d-c8c6-499e-b287-1ae5c5c5d036