60 capsules 25mg
Introduction and functionality:
Enclomiphene citrate has been considered for many decades for its use in secondary hypogonadism. Hypogonadism is well-defined as low serum testosterone levels linked with symptoms including decreased libido, erectile dysfunction, loss of lean muscle mass, loss of vivacity and depression. The most subtle symptoms supporting a verdict of hypogonadism include erectile dysfunction and decreased libido. Hypogonadism is a growing distress in a senior male population. Factually treated using exogenous testosterone, worries about possible hostile effects of testosterone have directed physicians to pursue alternative treatment methods. Enclomiphene citrate is a trans isomer of clomiphene citrate, a non-steroidal estrogen receptor antagonist that is approved by FDA for the cure of ovarian dysfunction in women. Enclomiphene citrate has also been used off-label for many years to treat secondary male hypogonadism, particularly in the treatment of male infertility.
Enclomiphene citrate (commercially offered as Clomid®) is an SERM that has been used since the 1960’s to expedite ovulation stimulation. Enclomiphene citrate has also been used off-label to increase LH, FSH and testosterone levels in men with secondary or idiopathic hypogonadism and to rise sperm counts in men with a past of infertility or steroid use. Enclomiphene citrate is a mix of two stereoisomers, (cis) zuclomiphene citrate (38%) and (trans) enclomiphene citrate (62%). Studies comparing Enclomiphene citrate, zuclomiphene and clomiphene originate clinically significant pharmacologic transformations between the three. Zuclomiphene as an estrogen receptor agonist, triggered estrogenic side effects often stated with clomiphene use. Moreover, zuclomiphene was found to have a longer half-life (30 days) when compared to enclomiphene citrate (10 hours), resulting in determined side effects long-lasting beyond the therapeutic effects of the drug. In comparison, Enclomiphene citrate was recognized as the isomer that increases LH and FSH levels with a shorter half-life. This directed to the hypothesis that treatment with Enclomiphene citrate should have more promising results in treating androgen lacking men with the goal of increasing fertility, possibly without the side effects related with Enclomiphene citrate use and with a more satisfactory impact on hypogonadal symptoms. After all the Enclomiphene citrate isomer; of the approved clomiphene drug, offers superior results and lower risks than the zuclomiphene isomer.
Clinical studies and efficacy:
Repros Theraputics studied the treatment group of 1.5mg/kg/day of zuclomiphene, enclomiphene, or clomiphene and resulted that Enclomiphene citrate significantly raised serum testosterone from 170 ng/dl to 559 ng/dl moreover Enclomiphene citrate raised serum testosterone from 170 ng/dl to 1144 ng/dl. Enclomiphene citrate also reduced total cholesterol levels by 8% as compared to Zuclomiphene which increased total cholesterol levels by 22%. The safety assessment through FDA approved testosterone therapies concluded that a number of hostile actions that are known to be associated with testosterone replacement therapy were reported in the Enclomiphene citrate clinical studies.
Enclomiphene citrate vs. Testosterone:
Enclomiphene citrate responses patient’s unfulfilled needs for therapy that does not compromise fertility. If we compare the effects of Enclomiphene with Testosterone Replacement Therapy, it is resulted that Enclomiphene citrate did not has any impact on following clinical aspects:
- Transference risk
- Supranormal T levels
- Inhibited spermatogenesis
- Inhibited testicular function
- Testis atrophy
People who tried the Enclomiphene for low testosterone, they complimented that it’s been extremely beneficial for their mental health, libido and physical well-being. Their cholesterol and blood pressure have also improved since receiving treatment.
Potential benefits of Enclomiphene citrate:
- Enclomiphene citrate is the part of an FDA approved medication. It has following potential benefits if taken under prescribed and suggested manners.
- The improvement in signs and symptoms of hypogonadism is strongly associated with the use of Enclomiphene citrate.
- Enclomiphene citrate is effective in growing serum testosterone levels in hypogonadal men, as well as keeping sperm counts.
- Enclomiphene citrate to be better to testosterone in preservation of semen parameters, to date
- Enclomiphene citrate has not been compared directly with clomiphene, which remains a less expensive generic choice.
- Enclomiphene citrate is effective in ameliorating testosterone deficiency and maintaining semen quality, with few apparent hostile effects.
- Enclomiphene citrate may be used to encourage ovulation (egg production) in women who do not produce ova (eggs) but desire to become pregnant (infertility). Clomiphene is in a class of medications called ovulatory stimulants. It works equally to estrogen, a female hormone that causes eggs to develop in the ovaries and be released.
- Enclomiphene citrate is often suggested as treatment dysfunctional hypothalamus and pituitary function, which happens in some males who are suffering from secondary hypogonadism. In these cases, the communal factors include low levels of total testosterone and low gonadotropin levels.
Recommended dosage of 12.5 mg and 25 mg Enclomiphene citrate significantly improved total T levels in hypogonadal men, with an efficiency that was equivalent to current testosterone.
Side effects associated with Enclomiphene citrate:
Possible side effects of enclomiphene include:
- Enlarged libido
- Increased estrogen levels
- Abdominal discomfort
- Weight gain
- Displeasure if levels get too high
- Dry mouth
For laboratory and research purposes only.
There are no reviews yet.